Thursday, April 18, 2013

Prissy says "It's a Wrap..."

4 ingredients: pre-cooked bacon, whipped cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and tortilla wraps (we like the garden spinach herb for nice color and taste)

spread cream cheese on tortilla, add bacon,
drained sun-dried tomatoes,
and roll up tightly....
for variations you can add shredded cheeses,
fresh lettuce, like we did here. You can also add spinach,thinly sliced veggies...
or a thin coldcuts, I added ham to this wrap
what ever you might have on hand
as long as you can roll them up tight
wrap in plastic wrap
here's the hard part...they are best when you refrigerate them for at least 1/2 hour or more. That makes them a easy make ahead dish you can roll them up the night before. Then all you do is unwrap them and slice them into bite size/tea party size bites. Perfect for tea parties, brunches and picnics.  We'll enjoy them later with our tea :)


(sneak peep...these I made for a picnic tea and served on my glass fan plates last Spring. I used avocados, fresh chopped tomatoes and lettuce in the these. I also cut them a little bigger size) That's a cold blueberry soup in the cup, it's so refreshing. Our theme for the tea was a Royal Tea hence the purple!

3 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Very yummy! I love wraps too. It's interesting to see so many options in how they are made. Your recipe looks good.

Marilyn Miller said...

Thanks for the tips on wrap treats for tea, Karen! I have been just thinking about doing something like this for an outdoor tea/hike. As the weather warms my mind drifts to tea outdoors and I love seeing your Royal tea.

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

Oh my, that looks so yummy! I have never thought I was good at wrap making....thanks for the tutorial....I will have to give this a try! Donna