Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Posting At Last!

Well, I think I've figured out this blogging thing!  Thankfully, tea and the art of tea are not high tech, at least the way I prepare it using an old fashioned kettle of boiled water, so I've had a wonderful time with the Traveling Teapot in my life this month.

January 3, 2013

I eagerly anticipated the teapot's arrival and it was at my doorstep this afternoon.  The box looked pretty battered but was well-taped and packed, so all the contents are intact!  The box was filled with lots of goodies from Vicki, as well as a full bag of memorabilia from the teapot's travels, including of course its own passport- filled with stamps from its many adventures.



As you can see, it arrived while Christmas decor was still out.  A few months ago a friend commented on my affinity for green teapots and I denied it.  Then I came home, gathered and grouped them together and, sure enough, I love vintage green teapots!  Perfect for the Christmas mantle.



The teapot is a glorious plum color and now wrapped in its lovely Marmalady cozy.  It moves around the house so I can see and admire it regularly.  I love it here, under the picture of a steaming cup of tea. I purchased this photograph years ago from a local artist,  Jill Gustafson, selling her wares on the plaza in front of the San Francisco Ferry Building.  As I was admiring her photographs we got to talking about tea and turns out, Jill is the daughter of Helen Gustafson, the author of Agony of the Leaves and original tea buyer and staff trainer for Chez Panisse, our local but nationally famous gourmet restaurant.  I read that book many years ago and LOVED it, so it feels so special to have this beautiful picture by her daughter.  I actually now have a few of her photographs, but this will always be my favorite.  Here is a closeup of the picture- please forgive my reflection!






6 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Colleen --- what a lovely post! I am so glad that technology and teapot have matched up! Thank you for starting the story of the teapot adventures with you!!!

Rosemary said...

Such a lovely collection of vintage green teapots... I'm sure the little plum teapot is happy to be among such a beautiful variety of teapots!

Marilyn Miller said...

How lovely to see the little plum teapot there among your Christmas decorations, green teapots, and especially sitting there next to that wonderful photograph. How fortunate to have that beautiful picture.

Karen's Place said...

Fun to see you collection of green teapots. I'm sure the plum teapot is very happy to be in such good company. Love the you used a Marmalady tea cozy :) Very sweet post I can't wait for the next one.

amherstrose said...

WooHoo! I knew you could do it Colleen and now we will enjoy all of your adventures with The Traveling Teapot.

Thanks for letting us share your Christmas decor and your collection of green teapots. I am sure the Plum Teapot is enjoying the warm hospitality of your home.

Mary Jane

amherstrose said...

WooHoo! I knew you could do it Colleen. And all along the way you had the Purple Teapot for inspiration.

I love the photo by Jill and thank you for sharing your green tea pots and Christmas decor.

Looking forward to the further adventures of the Traveling Teapot with you in San Francisco.

Sending a hug,
Mary Jane