Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tea with God

     Prissy has been joining me lately in my morning Tea with God.  Every morning I get up and walk through our local park and count how many deer I can find (never less than one sometimes as many as 2 dozen).  When I come home, I heat up a kettle and set up my morning tea table in the yard.



     I know that on the ATAA list we have been talking about tea rituals, and this is one of mine.  I love to take the time to make my morning tea special.  I set my table with a lace tablecloth and always use a pretty cup and have a vase of flowers.  Taking the time to arrange my morning fruit in a pretty pattern is another part of my ritual.  It is always a special time for me to sip my tea and say my prayers.  If for some reason I have to miss in the morning, I try to make up for it by having an evening tea in a quiet corner of my living room.  Instead of a flower arrangement or sometimes in addition to  I add a pretty candle.




5 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

What a very, very special tradition! And your table is beautiful!

La Tea Dah said...

The most important and most gracious guest of all --- and a wonderful ritual, Mary Anne. Thank you for reminding us of what is truly important. <3

rosejory said...

What a lovely morning ritual, Mary Anne and a wonderful way to start your day.

martea said...

Do we have a current update of the miles you all are taking this little plum teapot? It's such fun to know that.

Karen's Place said...

The quiet time in the morning with Him is truly the best way to begin our days journey. Love that you share this precious tea time with us.