Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Teapot Photo Shoot



The adventures of the ATAA Traveling Teapot begin with a photo shoot on a pleasant afternoon in March. A tray prepared with fragrant tea, milk, and sugar was ready for tea-for-one on a wooden bench in a sheltered corner of the yard. Fresh flowers, ripe pears, hot tea, and sunshine; these were the ingredients for a relaxing and quiet time. But first, pictures had to be taken so the teapot adventures could be duly recorded for this blog. Calli, my kitty, was sleeping in a sunny spot when he observed the activity taking place. Usually quite shy, he made himself right at home by rubbing himself against the photographer's leg and then jumping right up onto the bench to explore the tray. Oh, the pitcher of milk looked so tempting! He couldn't resist! And I didn't have the heart to keep him from it. He lapped it up leisurely and was quite content to become the first guest presented "tea" for the Afternoon Tea Across American traveling teapot project. The teapot is now ready to be packaged and will be sent to Marilyn for adventures in the month of April. Please stop by again to read of the hospitality of this special teapot!


by LaDonna

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only tea lover who has the occasional feline guest get into the milk pitcher...

Marilyn Miller said...

Now isn't this just the most special way to start the adventures of the Traveling Teapot. I can't wait to initiate it in my own way.

Rosemary said...

Let the journey begin!

amherstrose said...

LaDonna, what a beautiful sendoff for the Traveling Teapot. Thank you for organizing the Teapot Itinerary. The blog looks lovely and will surely inspire many to share the gracious hospitality of teatime.

PinkPeony said...

Looking forward to reading about all the Traveling Teapot adventures.

Inviting Tea vignette and Calli is one beautiful guest.

Linda Jennings said...

I look forward to participating and reading about all the adventures of the teapot during the months ahead.

Pearl's Tea said...

Such a wonderful and fun beginning for the teapot's journey. I'm excited to share in its journey and stories. The blog does look lovely- you've done a marvelous job. Thanks for the lovely send off.
Colleen

Karen's Place said...

The blog is beautiful and I can hardly wait to see where it takes us. What a pretty kitty. Will be looking forward to the teapots travels with my cuppa tea in hand. Cheers! Karen

Ingrid said...

So happy I can participate, hopefully I will have the teapot for some of my tea functions this year. So looking forward to all of your adventures.

Unknown said...

What a fun idea. Can't wait to see the rest. Yours is beautiful.

Sparkly Engineer said...

What a lovely tea for one and pet. My little Maltese loves her own cuppa too.

The Tea Enthusiast's Scrapbook said...

Hello,

BRAVO! What a wonderful way to share tea with friends. I love the idea and the blessings that come along with it!

I look forward to reading all about The Traveling Teapot.

Blessings,

Darlene