Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Sign of the Times

On the way to meet with friends for a celebration with The Traveling Teapot,
we saw this sign and just had to stop for a quick photo.

 No, not the gas prices or the fresh coffee signs.


Down at the bottom! 


FREE TEA!


If you live in an area where there are Speedway Gas Stations,
 they will give you a free tea on Friday.
Now I do not usually buy my tea at gas stations, but who can resist FREE TEA?
  Maybe an Iced Tea for me since the temperature here is predicted to hit 89 degrees.

Where do you stop if you just have to have a cup of tea???

3 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I love it! Free tea day, instead of what we usually see with coffee. I usually look for a Starbucks when I really must have tea. I know I will find one somewhere nearby. Oh yes, gas prices are certainly better there than in Oregon. Oregon was by far the most expensive place for gas on our road trip.

anodyne said...

I rarely bother to stop for tea, just wait till I get home. But I discovered a little deli down the road has some Harney's teas in bags, so I've had the odd cup there--the sencha held up well as did the cinnamon spice.

Colleen said...

When I'm desperate for tea on the road- if I'm organized enough, I fill my travel mug with my own loose leaf and ask for hot water. Usually I'm not so organized and I look for Starbucks- not my favorite but always available somewhere on the highway. I'd stop for free tea anytime- and definitely go with iced tea.