Sunday, November 18, 2012


Tea – Cat’s – 1950’s

I know it sounds like an odd combination.  I know you like tea….. do you love cats and/or the 1950’s?  I thought it would be fun to combine these things today.

Cats have a way to seemingly be able to be everywhere at once and being a part of everything going on in a household.   Our dear Cleo enjoyed drinking his milk from a stemmed glass. But if disturbed during this daily ritual, this is what you could expect!  (notice the milk on his whiskers)

 

The little plum pot is steeping a special black blend from Babbington’s Tearoom located at the foot of the Spanish Steps in Rome, Italy.  Babbington’s logo is a black cat. 

A fifties martini glass, rimmed with honey pearls sounds fun to me today.  I’ve topped my tea with non-fat milk foam to honor all pet cats.   I’m becoming quite fond of this tea/foam combination.  
 
 

The Fifties were filled with such fun times.  Many younger than I find it fun to use the 50’s as a theme or to  dress in the period.  The  fifties was one of the most fun decades of my life.    I thought it would be fun to share this website with you.  Enjoy a Belgian dark chocolate with tea while you watch it.

TakeMeBackToTheFifties

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~Charles Dickens

 

 

5 comments:

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

How fun! Cleo has some personalitea for sure!! Enjoyed the tea display and particularly loved the tea quote by Dickens...had never seen that before! Yes, we love our farm cats here in Iowa!! Thanks for sharing...

Marilyn Miller said...

Cats and tea are definitely a fun combination. Love the idea of a frothy tea too. Now who is honored here? What a fun 50's addition. I am guessing Val with cats and costumes.

Time Traveling in Costume said...

Feeling a little nostaligia there?
I'm happy this teapot is taking you to fun places.
Val

relevanttealeaf said...

Never having a cat, I can't relate much to cats, but I remember the mid-to-late 50's. The website video was fun to watch. Your tea latte looks delicious!
~ Phyllis

La Tea Dah said...

Cleo looks like a very special cat. I like his personality as expressed in that photograph.

I remember when you visited Babbington's tea room. How special that our plum teapot is able to brew some of that special tea!